At Murray Park School, our curriculum vision is to provide an ambitious and inspirational education for all of our pupils. Our strong set of values: Perseverance; Respect; Independence; Dreams and Excellence (PRIDE) underpins our ethos. Through our curriculum, our pupils develop the confidence to embrace the responsibilities that life has to offer and to become valued members of the local community, both now and in the future.
In all lessons the pupils are challenged and engaged in an education that prepares them for their futures. Our curriculum enables all of our pupils to develop life skills, such as, creativity, empathy and collaboration, resulting in resilient individuals with high aspirations. Our health and wellbeing provision ensures that our pupils lead healthy and fulfilling lives and that every pupil has the knowledge and confidence to take care of their own health and wellbeing.
As a result of our outstanding careers programme, all of our pupils are prepared for the next stage of their education, training and employment through our extensive network of business partners and dedicated careers’ centre. Our wide range of extra-curricular activities include residential opportunities and international travel. These opportunities enrich the formal curriculum and deepen the pupils’ knowledge and skills.
Every child at Murray Park School is equipped to become a well-qualified and successful young person.
Murray Park School is committed to delivering an outstanding Curriculum which:
- is underpinned by aims, values and purpose
- develops the whole person - knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes
- is broad, balanced and has clear progression in subject knowledge and skills
- is filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences
- is flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests
- embeds the principle of sustainability
- has an eye on the future and the needs of future citizens
- encourages the use of environments and expertise beyond the classroom
- makes meaningful links between areas of knowledge across the curriculum and the major issues of our time
- has a local, national and international dimension
Curriculum development is defined as the process of selecting, organising, executing and evaluating the learning experiences on the basis of the needs, abilities and interest of our learners, and on the basis of our society and community. The curriculum builds from their previous education through to adulthood, with an increased complexity of skills and content, so students can confidently move into the next stage of their life, as rounded young people.
We believe that we offer a rich curriculum and this is being further enhanced for 2019/20 with the Route-based options process and the increase in EBacc, challenging courses and vocational courses.
Integrated within the curriculum is a programme of life skills and values which permeates all that we do:
To find out more about the curriculum taught at Murray Park Community School, please contact Ms S Whiston, Deputy Headteacher, Curriculum