Year 9 Options
On this page you will find:
- An introduction talk to explain each stage of the options process at Murray Park School.
- Information videos for all the subjects we offer.
- A copy of the Options Booklet.
- Information on how to contact subject teachers if you wish to find more information about the courses on offer.
Year 9 Parents’ Evening and Options Information
On Tuesday 23rd January 2024 we held an on-site Parents’ Evening for English, Maths and Science teachers. There was also the the facility to book an appointment with the SEND team if your child is on the SEND register. Parents were required to book appointments for Maths, English, Science and SEND (if applicable) using our Parents Evening System. At the same time as the Parents’ Evening, we hosted an Options Event where students and parents/carers were able to discuss the courses with Teachers – there was also be a talk from Mr Hagen on the Options Process and the opportunity to ask any questions.
If you could not participate in this evening, or would like further information from a subject teacher you spoke with, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your message will be forwarded to the relevant department or member of staff.
Subject Presentation Videos
Option choices should be submitted using the electronic form. Forms have been emailed to students via their school email address. They should be completed by no later than Friday 16th February 2024 and are available to fill in from Tuesday 23rd February.
Help and Support
If you require any additional information, or support in the Options Process, the following staff are here to help:
- Mr George Hagen – Deputy Headteacher
- Ms Hannah Crowfoot – Head of Year 9
- Miss Sinead Naylor – Head of Year 9/KS3 Manager
- Miss Hannah Batteson – Raising Achievement Leader Year 9
- Mr Tim Taylor – Careers Advisor
These staff can be contacted via our dedicated Options email address: email@example.com